PeduliLindungi is an application that was developed by the Indonesian government to help track Covid 19. It means Care/Protect in Indonesian. Its primary goal is to help the Indonesian government track and stop the spread of Covid-19 in order to Care/Protect Indonesians. There two main things you need from the PeduliLindungi app before visiting Indonesia:
- Make sure your vaccination status is green in your PeduliLindungi profile.
- Make sure you generate an e-Hac QR code when flying to or within Indonesia.
This is how you can make it happen.
We recommend taking these steps several days before your upcoming trip.
If you are a foreigner that wants to visit Indonesia, this is a helpful guide to help you manage your way around the app.
Register for your PeduliLindungi account
1. Search pedulilindungi in your app store and download the application
2. Choose your preferred
language at the top right
3. Select Foreign Citizen
4. Choose the option to
register at the bottom right
corner underneath login –
When registering it gives
you the option to use your
phone number or your
email address. For foreign
tourists wanting to visit
Indonesia, I recommend
using your email.
5. Fill in your name, email address, and agree to the terms.
6. Verify your email with the 6-digit verification code sent to your email address you used for registering.
Once your account is set up,
this is what your home
screen should look like
with your name at the top
Next, the app will take you through several screens explaining how to use the app and request access to your camera, bluetooth, and location .
How do I register my Non-Indonesian vaccine – 3 steps
1. Go to this website: Sign In | Non‐Indonesia Vaccination Verification (kemkes.go.id)
2. Register for an account, and you will receive an email verification.
3. After email verification, fill out a vaccination verification request form including how many vaccine doses you have had.
It usually takes about 3 business days for your vaccine verification to register. Once it is registered, it should show up automatically in your PeduliLindungi app.
Important note: Make sure you carry around your actual vaccine card just to be on the safe side.
Fill out e-Hac in the PeduliLindungi app
e-Hac is now within the Pedulindungi app. You need to fill out your flight information to Indonesia, and it will generated a QR code for you. Airport authorities will scan that code.
Filling out e-Hac can be a pain. We try to help eliminate some of that pain here in this article with detailed instructions on filling out e-Hac.
All about PeduliLindungi application
As mentioned before, PeduliLindungi is designed to help the Indonesian government detect and stop the spread of Covid-19. The application is necessary to enter Indonesia, as well as to enter public spaces and board domestic flights throughout Indonesia.
If you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, you should be given a green status. When checking into public places, you can scan the QR code. This is usually requested at malls where there are large crowds.
You will have a red status if you have not received your Covid-19 vaccines.
In Sulawesi, it seems that PeduliLindungi app is used most often with the e-Hac feature when arriving at a destination by plane or when entering a mall. However, we recommend having it ready wherever you go.
There are several other features in the PeduliLindungi app, but in my experience they are not used too often.
- Covid-19 Test results – For example, whenever you take a PCR test, your results should show up in your PeduliLindungi account. If you test negative your status will be turned to black for infected and you won’t be able to fly.
- Travel Regulations – I also noticed that even though I selected English as my language, the travel regulations are not translated to English.
Note: If you are visiting open air food markets these rules are often not enforced.
I can’t claim my vaccine certificate in the PeduliLindungi app.
No seriously, I really can’t. I have tried several times unsuccessfully, and I keep getting an error. The last time I tried, I got a message saying I had tried too many times and to come back tomorrow. Nobody has yet to ask me for the certificate in my PeduliLindungi app. My wife didn’t have this trouble, and hers showed up just fine. If you are like me and you are unable to claim your vaccine certificate in the app, just make sure you carry your vaccine card with you.
The most important thing is that it your vaccine status is verified by the ministry of health on the aforementioned website. Again, make sure your status shows green because you are vaccinated and that you have filled out your e-Hac when flying. They won’t let you get your luggage at the airport if you don’t have that QR code. I will keep working on this and keep you posted.
How can I use the PeduliLindungi application if I can’t use my foreign phone in Indonesia?
This is a great question. You will need to do one of two things.
- Register your foreign phone with it’s unique IMEI number at the airport upon arrival, so you can get an Indonesian SIM card. This is the most convenient and inexpensive way to communicate while traveling in Indonesia. Here is a brief article explaining how to take care of getting your phone registered.
- If you don’t go for the first option, you can sometimes find a local wifi hotspot to login into and use the application then.
Note: We recommend filling out the e-Hac once you have your flight information. You shouldn’t need internet in order to access the QR code that was previously generated.
When visiting Indonesia make sure that you do your due diligence and take care of these steps to ensure a stress-free travel experience. We look forward to seeing you safely arrive here soon to this beautiful archipelago.